Arena 170Details https://no.harmanaudio.com/ARENA170BK.html
Additional InformationWith the JBL Arena 170 floorstanding loudspeaker, a true theater experience never felt so affordable – or close to home. The loudspeaker's High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide and 1-inch (25mm) soft dome tweeter, along with a 7” (178mm) polycellulose woofer deliver sensational power and precision that is able to produce accurate highs and lows. And no wonder: the Arena 170 is inspired by our own M2 Master Reference Monitor, considered by many to be the finest studio monitor on the market. The Arena 170 won't let you down when it comes to delivering affordable, crisp, dynamic, and accurate sound.
The JBL Arena 170 doesn't just make powerful sound – it makes practical sense. Experience all the precision of a powerful loudspeaker at an affordable price.
At a Glance:
Inspired by JBL’s legendary M2 Master Reference Monitor
Signature JBL loudspeaker performance
Understated, contemporary look and feel
An audio powerhouse at an affordable price
Just one part of an even more powerful system
What's in the Box:
1 JBL Arena 170
1 Owner’s Manual
4 Carpet Spikes
- Inspired by JBL’s legendary M2 Master Reference Monitor
- High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide technology takes its cues from the legendary JBL M2 Master Reference MonitorComputer-optimized driver positioning and network integration result in ideal performance and lifelike soundstage imagingProven acoustic superiority through rigorous testing and real-world evaluation
- Signature JBL loudspeaker performance
- 7-inch (178mm) high-output polycellulose woofer operates in conjunction with a rear-firing tuned bass port, delivering accurate sound worthy of a standing ovation1-inch (25mm) soft dome tweeter provides clean, powerful highsTight, extended bass response optimized for show-stopping listening, whether for movies, TV, music or console gaming
- Understated, contemporary look and feel
- Contemporary cabinet shape with angled side and top panels provide a sophisticated, modern lookSoft-touch paint around the transducers and on the waveguideAvailable in black and white finishes with minimalist grilles and brushed metal trims
- An audio powerhouse at an affordable price
- The perfect trifecta of JBL power, precision, and affordable pricing.
- Just one part of an even more powerful system
- Intended for use in conjunction with the entire series of JBL Arena loudspeakers: 2 floorstanding speakers, 2 bookshelf speakers, 1 center channel speaker, and 1 subwoofer model.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Weight (lb)
- 27.6 lbs
- Weight (kg)
- 12.5 kg
- Recommended Amplifier Power
- Crossover Frequencies
- 2.1kHz – 18 dB/octave
- 87 dB
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 Ohms
- Frequency Response
- 44 Hz - 40 kHz
- Height (in)
- Width (in)
- Depth (in)
Arena 170 is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by George1976 from Best speaker on the market Works great I love it. I'd recommend lt to anyone! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
Date published: 2017-05-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by Crystal2 from Great features Absolutely amazingly awesome can't believe how great this product is. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
Date published: 2017-05-30
Rated 4 out of 5 by Pette from Nicht schlecht Für unser Heimkino gut geeignet, gute Bässe auch ohne Subwoofer. Für reines Musikhöhren etwas zu dumpf - man kann die Lautsprecher gut orten. Ein lösen des Tones vom Lautsprecher findet nicht statt.Die Verarbeitung ist gut.
Date published: 2017-10-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by Günni51 from Extraklasse würde ich sofort wieder kaufen. Ein Klangerlebnis.
Date published: 2017-10-16
Hello, Im using these with my Pioneer Elite SC-63 receiver. I have 2 in the front and two in the rear. Im also using the Arena center 125C. Are they a good match with this receiver? Thanks, Mike
Hi Mike. The Arena 170 Floor-standing speakers and the Arena 125C Center speaker are well matched with your Pioneer Elite SC-63 receiver. The speakers are rated at 8 ohms for their nominal impedance and your receiver is rated to output 125 watts at 8 ohms which is within the recommended amplifier power for the speakers. Should you have further concerns about your set-up, please feel free to contact us directly by submitting a case request at https://www.jbl.com/support-contact.html and the Customer Service Team will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you.
Date published: 2018-07-20
Will the Arena 170 work great with Harman Kardon HK 3770 receiver?
Hi! The Arena 170 will work with the receiver but you should not crank it all the way up because it could blow the speaker. The HK3770 is really powerful which gives out 240W on 2 channel Stereo.
Date published: 2018-06-26
How many watts the Arena 170 speaker "s out put?
Hi! The Arena 170 the Arena 170 can handle 20-200W at 8 ohms.
Date published: 2018-08-27
I am considering the Arena 170s for my home theater front channels and may upgrade my center and surrounds to match. My question is for the bang for buck, is the Arena series the best? Should I be considering a 200 series system?
The Arena series are a great example of Cinema sound for the home. I use the 120's for my side surrounds so I know about the Arena sound quality. The Arena 170's paired with the Arena 120's, matching center and subwoofer of choice(subs don't have to be matched) will be a surround system that will deliver commercial Cinema surround sound at home. Providing you drive them with a receiver designed for multi-channel sound. Like....Yamaha, Sony, Marantz, etc., Your budget will dictate whether you buy the Arena or 200 series. Realistically speaking, the Arena series with a good sub-woofer, will blow away the majority of listeners. ~ peace
Date published: 2018-05-06
Is there a way to bi-wire the arena 170?
No, our JBL Arena series cannot be bi-wired and has a normal + and - analog input connections.
Date published: 2018-03-21
Can I use this speakers for marantz pm 7005 amp?
Hi Johny, and thank you for your interest in JBL! If you look at the specifications for the amplifier and the speakers, you will find that they match each other fine, at least based on the numbers. Your amplifier is rated at 60 Watts into 8 Ohm loads, and the speakers are recommended with amplifiers between 20 and 200 Watts. When it comes to how loud you can play, whether the audio balance is to your liking etc., that is of course another matter, and almost solely determined by taste and the acoustics.
Date published: 2018-08-27
Can I use this Arena 170, with my Sony STR-DE497, 8 ohm, 100W A/V receiver? which fits best for this A/V? Arena 130? Arena 170? Studio 220 or 230?
Yes you can, the Arena 170 can handle the amps driving power between 20-200W. While the other speakers are compatible with the STR-DE497 the best fit for the receiver would be the Arena 170.
Date published: 2018-01-20
Is it Bluetooth
No, it is not.
Date published: 2018-03-21
Search Result For ""