JBL’s GT5-10 features JBL’s newest design, combining classic elements with modern ones. The GT5-10 features a single 4-ohm voice coil and a vented motor structure, and offers 1100 watts of peak power handling. With its fully vented motor structure and rubber-coated tinsel leads, the GT5-10 can withstand even the most intense bass assault. And unlike competing entry-level subwoofers, the GT5-10 is based on a solid motor structure featuring two large magnets covered by the classic JBL® rubber ring.
At a Glance:
Big bass with Polypropylene woofer cone
Outstanding audio output, low distortion
Exceptional venting for increased power handling
Enclosure up to JBL Professional standards
What's in the box:
(1) GT5-10 10” Single 4-Ohm Subwoofer
(1) Owner's Manual
- Big bass with Polypropylene woofer cone
- Road noise can destroy realistic audio that always requires true low frequencies. Polypropylene delivers rigidity, with good internal damping, and complete weather-resistance. You get an impossible-to-miss increase in thumping bass.
- Outstanding audio output, low distortion
- With 250 watts RMS and 1000 watts of peak power handling, the GT5-12 changes the experience of listening to your favorite music in your car. And a progressive spider gives better control for lower distortion at excursion limits.
- Exceptional venting for increased power handling
- Woofer motor structures heat up during use, causing distortion, or power compression that reduces music’s dynamic range, robbing the sound of realism. JBL uses vented motor structures and polepieces that get rid of more heat to deliver more serious bang.
- Enclosure up to JBL Professional standards
- It’s built to the same exacting standards as JBL professional audio boxes with 3/4" medium-density fiberboard construction, and high-quality binding-post terminals. Wide-bandwidth design provides more output between 20Hz and 40Hz. You get all the bass you’ve paid for.
- Accurate frequency response
- With a frequency response of 23Hz – 450Hz, the GT5-10 reproduces deep, teeth-rattling bass tones without distortion.
Legendary JBL Sound
You don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Peak Power
- Frequency Response
- 30Hz – 500Hz
- (2.83V/1m) 91dB
- Nominal Impedance
- 4 ohms
- Power Handling (RMS)
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Mounting Depth (mm)
- External Diameter (in)
- Mounting Depth (in)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter (mm)
- External Diameter (mm)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter (in)
- Driver Radiating Area
- (Sd – in2/cm2) 56.3/363
- Total Q
- (Qts) 0.49
- Compliance Volume
- (Vas – ft3 / l) 1.11/31.5
- Electrical Q
- (Qes) 0.54
- Suspension Compliance
- (Cms – ?m/N) 167.3
- Motor Force Factor
- (Bl – Tm) 14.76
- Maximum Excursion
- (Xmax –in/mm) .56/14.2
- Voice Coil DC Resistance
- (Revc – ohms) 4
- Mechanical Q
- (Qms) 6.48
- Free-Air Resonance
- (Fs – Hz) 30
- Magnetic Gap Height
- (Hag – in/mm) 0.315/8
- Voice Inductance
- @ 1kHz (Levc – mH) 2.69
- Voice Coil Height
- (Hvc – in/mm) 1.43/36.4
GT5-10 is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by staticsix93 from looks,nice I bought these months ago still jamming its good for my truck nice thump for you buck
Date published: 2014-12-23
what would be the ideal box and port volumes for a 4th order bandpass box and a ported box
Please do contact our customer support team at www.jbl.com/contactus and they would be able to provide you a complete copy of the box parameters for the GT5-10.
Date published: 2017-12-02
Pls help me out with this Beautiful speaker for my Toyota FJ Cruiser... Just love jbl speakers and I will like to know if it will fit before I order, thanks
You can use the "Find what fits your car" feature above, choose your vehicles make and model then select speakers. You can see there all speakers, including the GT5-10, which is compatible or could fit your vehicle.
Date published: 2016-06-21
What amp do i buy to pick these speakers up and get the clearest sound
You can use an amp with an out put of 250W RMS or 1000W peak as that is the rating of the speakers. If you would like to maximize the speakers it is highly suggested that you follow the 250W RMS rating for you to avoid immediate damage to the speakers.
Date published: 2016-06-21
What's the max amp that 2 of these can handle?
As shown under the specs above, it can handle 250 watts of RMS power handling. If two of these are connected to a single amplifier channel, they can now handle a total of 500 watts of RMS power.
Date published: 2018-04-25
Search Result For ""