Additional InformationA pair of JBL® SP6II in-wall loudspeakers offers any home true JBL-quality sound without taking up valuable floor or shelf space. Movies sound more enveloping within your home theater, and your favorite music comes alive throughout the house. The SP6II’s 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter) titanium-laminate low-frequency woofer delivers exceptional bass, while a swivel-mounted, titanium-laminate tweeter produces accurate, clear high-frequency output. Proprietary Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) waveguide technology and 80 watts of peak power handling ensure that the SP6II in-wall loudspeakers distribute sound evenly and smoothly throughout your listening area. The SP6II’s shallow mounting depth increases your installation options. And the SP6II’s paintable frame and grille let the in-wall loudspeakers blend into any room décor.
JBL® SP6II in-wall loudspeakers offer JBL-quality sound without taking up floor or shelf space. The SP6II’s 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter) titanium-laminate woofer delivers exceptional bass, while a swivel-mounted, titanium-laminate tweeter produces clear high-frequency output. Proprietary Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ waveguide technology and 80 watts of peak power handling ensure that the SP6II distributes sound evenly and smoothly throughout your listening area.
At a Glance:
25 – 80 watts suggested amplifier power range
6-1/2" (165mm) titanium-laminate cone for enhanced bass response
Detailed high-frequency sound reproduction
Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal (EOS) waveguide for “sit-anywhere” sound
Low profile and easy installation
Paintable grille and frame
What's in the box:
(2)SP6II speakers with grilles
(2) Mounting Template
(2) Paint Shields
(1) Owner's Manual
- 25 – 80 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers designed the SP6II in-wall loudspeaker to produce accurate, enveloping sound from an AVR (audio/video receiver) or amplifier capable of delivering up to 80 watts of power.
- 6-1/2" (165mm) titanium-laminate cone for enhanced bass response
- Realistic reproduction of music requires clean, undistorted low frequencies. JBL SP6II in-wall loudspeakers feature a 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter) titanium-laminate cone that offers great stiffness for low distortion. Rubber surrounds ensure durability, while extended polepieces produce deep, powerful bass with little distortion. The result is enveloping, satisfying audio reproduction from the bottom up.
- Detailed high-frequency sound reproduction
- The SP6II’s thin but rigid 1-inch (25-millimeter) titanium-laminate tweeter delivers accurate, clear high-frequency response, even at elevated volume levels. The tweeter’s swivel-mount means that you can direct high frequencies exactly where you want them.
- Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) waveguide for “sit-anywhere” sound
- Forget about “sweet spots.” With proprietary JBL Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal (EOS) waveguide technology, your whole room becomes a perfect listening position. Originally designed for JBL Professional LSR studio monitors, the SP6II in-wall loudspeaker’s EOS waveguide distributes sound evenly throughout your playback area.
- Low profile and easy installation
- With a mounting depth of just 3-7/8 inches (98 millimeters) and a weight of only 5 pounds (2.3 kilograms), the lightweight, space-saving JBL SP6II loudspeakers offer maximum installation flexibility. A cutting template and integrated dog-ear brackets accommodate retrofit applications, while rough-in frames are available for new construction.
- Paintable grille and frame
- The SP6II in-wall loudspeakers offer outstanding performance, but that doesn’t mean that they have to stand out in a room. You can paint the frames and grilles so that the loudspeakers match your wall décor. You’ll hardly notice your SP6IIs – until you turn them on.
In Wall Speaker
Get that JBL Sound without cluttering or interfering with the décor of the room.
Sleek, Stylish Design
High-gloss finish that compliments any room in your home.
Your speaker can be wall mounted for the ideal home entertainment experience.
Manuals & Downloads:
- SoundPoint Series
- Crossover Frequencies
- (2.83V@1m) 88dB
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- Frequency Response
- (-10dB) 38Hz – 20kHz
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- 6-1/2" titanium-laminate cone w/rubber surround
- High-Frequency Transducer
- 1" titanium-laminate dome, w/Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ waveguide andswivel mount
- Midrange Transducer
- Plate Width
- 8-1/2" (216mm)
- Plate Height
- 11" (279mm)
- Mounting Cutout Width
- 7-1/8" (181mm)
- Mounting Cutout Height
- 9-11/16" (246mm)
- Mounting Depth
- 3-7/8" (98mm)
- 5lb (2.3kg)
SP6II is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Demoply from Great sound and easy to install under 30mins Love these speakers. Very clean looking and easy to install once you cut out the hole
Date published: 2018-02-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by ThePokrocks96 from Easy install and great sound Purchased 2 pairs of these for music and tv for my business and couldn't be happier. They were delivered quickly and packaged very good. The drivers in these are top notch, nice tweeter that pivots and a stiff woofer. Bass really improves after they break in, which took about three weeks of playing music. Sound is great, sharp highs with much detail and balanced with accurate bass. I would say the biggest strength is they voice amazingly well. Sometimes you think there's someone in the room that's talking. Installing them was a breeze. The installation system work perfectly. I did notice the second pair installed into a wall without much insulation in it, sounds weaker in the bass department. So I'll have to get some insulation and put more behind the speakers. I would recommend to have some batted insulation on hand when installing.
Date published: 2018-06-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Beatlefan64 from You can't beat JBL. I installed a pair of JBL AS6's when I remodeled my kitchen in 97. They sound fantastic. My son-in-law will soon be starting a renovation project in his home and I am giving him these as he is a musician and a die-hard music fan. I know he will not be disappointed in the sound. For the record I own a pair of classic L300's as well as Pro lll, P40 and LSR32. Enough said!!!!
Date published: 2018-05-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by Emac from I should have bought another pair! Amazing sound, will fit any size room and simple installation
Date published: 2018-06-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rikki Tikki Tavi from Example: Great features! I installed these a couple weeks ago and I am very happy. The size is perfect (not so big that my wife doesn't like them and not so small that they have no bottom end). I am very happy.
Date published: 2018-05-02
Can SP 6II speakers be used as in ceiling as Atmos speakers
Yes, you can definitely use the JBL SP6II as in-ceiling speakers.
Date published: 2018-07-26
What gauge speaker wire should be used?
You can use wires between 10 gauge to 14 gauge.
Date published: 2018-07-25
What amplifier should I use with this?
You can actually use any amplifier as long as it's running 80 watts at 8 ohms.
Date published: 2018-07-23
Would you recommend these be used for all 7 speakers in a 7.1 system, including the center speaker? And, would you recommend a well matched sub, please?
Hello. We do not recommend using the JBL SP6II as the center speaker. This is because it only has one woofer unlike our center channel speakers that has two woofers which would accurately deliver where the voice is coming from. In terms of what you can use as a subwoofer together with the JBL SP6II, we highly suggest getting the JBL STUDIO SUB 260P. It's a 12" powered sub-woofer that has a frequency response of 29 Hz – 150 Hz and with an RMS of 300W. For more info about the product, you can click on this link: https://www.jbl.com/subwoofers/STUDIO+260P.html?cgid=subwoofers&dwvar_STUDIO%20260P_color=Black-USA-Current#start=1
Date published: 2018-07-18
Installed 3 pair in ceiling (Not the intended purpose, but rectangular work better on my ceiling). There’s a lot of space between ceiling and upstairs floor. Speakers sound great, but would they sound better if I built a box,or placed insulation on top?
There a lot of factors involved in your setup which includes the size of the room, your receiver, and the type of audio you plan to use in the room. We would like to work with you directly to help you with your issue. Please submit a case request at https://www.jbl.com/support-contact.html and the Customer Service Team will be more than happy to assist you.
Date published: 2018-07-15
Are you saying the sound quality will not be as good mounting them in the ceiling? I am looking for speakers to use in different rooms to listen to music. Is there a better speaker to pick for that application? Also, can I use individual volume controls?
Hi! In-wall speakers like the SP6II will work better for stereo listening because the speaker will be facing directly at you instead of above you. Our in-wall and in-ceiling speakers does not have its own volume controls. These controls should be done from the source. We do recommend either the C-81W, C-81C or C-61CDT as its both architecturally manufactured as in-wall and in-ceiling speakers.
Date published: 2018-06-08
Are these speakers bluetooth ready?
The JBL SP6II in-wall speaker is a passive (non-powered) speaker and it does not have a Bluetooth capability.
Date published: 2018-06-06
I know they are wall mounted speakers, but can I use them on my desk with a amp coming through my computer? Or is it going to sound bad on the desk?
You may use the speakers on your desk with your computer as long as your amplifier can at least provide a 75W of power at 8ohms. Then it should work fine.
Date published: 2018-06-06
Search Result For ""