Additional InformationHead’s are going to turn when they hear the sound that pumps through the JBL GX Series speakers. But get in and “whoa!” they look incredible. Designed to fit most factory specs, the GX series flaunt a new HARMAN-proprietary tweeter deflector, they’re individually voiced, and have three-ohm voice coils for optimal power distribution. Add Plus One™ woofer cones, edge-driven soft dome tweeters and an ogle-worthy design, and you’ve got a speaker that does much more than deliver killer sound.
Trend-setting speakers that deliver high-fidelity sound you’d expect from JBL — great for those who want a superior audio experience while upgrading the style throughout their car’s interior.
At a Glance:
OEM-level reliability testing
Plus One™ Woofer Cones
Three-ohm DCR Voice Coils
Frequency Response Up to 21kHz
HARMAN-Proprietary Tweeter Deflector
Edge-Driven Soft Dome Tweeter
External crossover housing
What's in the Box:
1 pair of grilles
1 pair of speakers
- Plus One™ Woofer Cones
- Harman’s patented (US patent #7,548,631) Plus One™ polypropylene cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class — the result is higher sensitivity, increased low-frequency output and greater musical character.
- Edge-Driven Soft Dome Tweeter
- Soft dome tweeters deliver a smooth high-frequency response and an increased power handling for highs and mids, which equates to more lifelike sound from vocals, cymbals, brass instruments and pianos.
- Three-ohm DCR Voice Coils
- The majority of factory-speaker wiring is so thin that it can’t draw the necessary power for great sound. With low-impedance, three-ohm voice coils, the GX Series speakers can pull more power from the amplifier, which means a clearer, richer sound for the listener.
- Frequency Response Up to 21kHz
- Hear what you’ve been missing — the JBL GX Series offers a frequency response that delivers the full-range response associated with exceptional sound.
- Individually Voiced
- For most brands, off-the-shelf speakers and a cursory approval of frequency response curves are good enough. That’s not the case with JBL. We don’t only listen to our speakers against the competition — we voice them against each other to ensure each line has the consistent JBL sound signature that’s known and sought out by those who care about their audio. This is just part of an extensive development process undertaken by some of the best transducer engineers in the world to provide the finest listening experience at any price point.
- HARMAN-Proprietary Tweeter Deflector
- Acting as a waveguide, the tweeter deflector allows for an angled, rotating speaker, which optimizes the off-axis sound performance. Because all cars are designed differently, this allows impeccable sound to travel throughout all locations in the cabin.
- External Crossover Housing
- The GX component systems feature external crossover housings, which provide space for sophisticated circuits including an adjustable tweeter level control and advanced tweeter protection.
- Affordable Pricing
- The JBL GX Series are all designed to give audio enthusiasts more boom for the buck — while they maintain a conservative price point, there is never a compromise in sound.
- OEM-Level Reliability Testing
- JBL tests every speaker design to the same rigid specifications as the automakers, subjecting them to extreme conditions that would break lesser speakers. We freeze them, bake them, shake them, blast them with ultraviolet light and drive them at full power for days to make sure your audio investment lasts for years.
Plus One® Technology
Plus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 6” x 9” three-way car audio loudspeaker
- Frequency Response
- 45Hz – 21kHz
- Nominal Impedance
- 2.3 ohms
- Power Handling (Peak)
GX963 is rated out of 5 by 8.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Faraz from Great I Bought it and it was definitely satisfying , I am so glad that I bought it . Thank you JBL
Date published: 2016-02-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Keith996 from Good replacement speaker Bought these and paired with JBL 60 watt per channel amp. Seems to be a good match. Sound is clear with good highs and mid bass. Typical JBL quality. I've used JBL amps and speakers for along time because its made to enjoy for along time if you take care of it.
Date published: 2017-12-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by xbud from Great Bang for the Buck! These Speakers blew me away, couldn't believe how much better my stock head unit sounded once I replaced the door speakers with these 6X9's....Truly a great deal.
Date published: 2015-06-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nolen64 from Great sound I installed my 6x9's in homemade boxes and they sound awesome
Date published: 2017-02-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by Vinny33 from Very good speaker I've had these speakers for about a month,and the sound is stop on
Date published: 2017-09-07
Rated 4 out of 5 by Colgat from Excellent rapport Qualité / Prix Un son exceptionnel, un design au top, je recommande vivement les JBL GX963
Date published: 2017-07-03
Rated 3 out of 5 by maxt from Work great but didn't fit my vehicle I bought these for a 1984 corvette. jbl said they fit the, but they do not, i had to make a bracket to make them fit to the factory holes, cant buy one either. other than that they sound good.
Date published: 2018-06-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Aglezcal from Great product I’m very pleased with these speakers, they sound great
Date published: 2018-07-02
This is 100 watts rms for each speakers
Yes it is.
Date published: 2018-11-27
I'm replacing the rear speakers in my Nephews 2005 Elantra. He's got 3.3 ohm speakers in the doors (replaced factory speakers last year). Can I use a pair of these JBL GX963 (2.3 Ohm) speakers in the rear package shelf? Or does the mismatch cause prob?
It would depend on the specifications of the headunit/amplifier that you're connecting the speakers to but there would usually be no problems with connecting them.
Date published: 2018-11-20
I would like to do all 4 door speakers as GTX 963’s in my 2018 Nissan Frontier with standard head unit. What amp would give best proformance. Does my head unit need to be upgraded also?
We would like to work with you directly to help you with your issue. Please submit a case request at https://www.jbl.com/support-contact.html and the Customer Service Team will be more than happy to assist you.
Date published: 2018-11-16
Do i need a separate amp in order to get a whole new speakers for a 2015 tacoma?
Date published: 2018-11-12
Any idea if the stock head unit in the 2013 Chrysler 300c (8.4 inch Uconnect) has enough power just to swap and use the stock amps?
The power handling of the GX 963 is 100W at 2.3 ohms, You'll need to check on the specs of the headunit if it would be compatible with it.
Date published: 2018-11-06
Which speaker you recommend me for CAMRY 2010 Navigation... the GTO939 3ohms or the GX963 2.3ohms?
Hi! We do not have much information about the Camry 2010 navigation system. But the GTO 939 and GX 963 are designed to fit and be compatible with most amplifiers.
Date published: 2018-10-11
Hi, Can you specify the recommended volumn for the enclosure? Can you also give an approx volumn for the speaker itself when panel mounted to your recommendation?
Hi! We would like to work with you regarding this speaker, please submit a case request at https://www.jbl.com/support-contact.html and the Customer Service Team will be more than happy to assist you.
Date published: 2018-10-27
Hi, I got a question about this model (gx963). Could I install it in a small sealed box, with 10L volume (each speaker) or if it’s too small is better to be ported with this 10L? What is the right volume sealed/ported for each one of this? Thanks!
We would like to work with you directly. Please submit a case request at https://www.jbl.com/support-contact.html and the Customer Service Team will be more than happy to assist you.
Date published: 2018-04-04
Search Result For ""