SUB 550PDetails https://no.harmanaudio.com/home-audio/SUB+550P.html
At a Glance:
Built-in 300-watt RMS (500-watt peak) amplifier
10" (250mm) PolyPlas low-frequency transducer
Adjustable crossover frequency and phase control
LFE and line-level inputs
Metal floor spikes included
What's in the Box:
1 Studio 550P subwoofer
1 15-foot (4.6-metre) RCA cable
1 6-foot (2-metre) power cord
4 metal floor spikes
- Built-in 300-watt RMS (500-watt peak) amplifier
- A 300-watt RMS (500 watts peak power) amplifier lets you play your Studio 550P subwoofer at body-quaking levels without any room-vibrating reverb or excessive heat output. A built-in limiter extends this ability by preventing distortion that can arise out of sudden peaks, taking the audio from merely impressive to completely immersive.
- 10-inch (250mm) PolyPlas low-frequency transducer
- The Studio 550P features a 10-inch (250-millimetre) cone made from lightweight yet rigid PolyPlas cone material. For the listener, this structure means powerful heart-thumping bass with such low distortion that individual sounds remain both accurate and articulate, even at sustained low frequencies. This is the kind of bass that takes surround sound from simply a listening experience to a seemingly tangible, robust environment.
- Sealed enclosure
- Power and accuracy normally do not go hand in hand. The Studio 550P, however, is by no means a mere normal subwoofer. It features a sealed enclosure that acts to control the woofer cone’s motion, thus providing consistent, reliable sound that remains smooth and rich even at the deepest of frequencies.
- Forward-firing transducer
- The Studio 550P places you in the centre of the action by sending the action straight at you via a powerful, forward-firing cone. Sound travels directly to your ears without reverberating off the walls or bending around the furniture. This is bass in its most potent form, from a subwoofer versatile enough to be placed in the middle of the room or against a wall.
- Adjustable crossover frequency and phase control
- A phase switch ensures that the action of the Studio 550 subwoofer’s transducer moves in sync with your main speakers. As a result, the subwoofer’s low frequencies blend seamlessly with the sound coming from the main speakers, regardless of where you place the subwoofer in a room. Furthermore, an adjustable crossover-frequency control lets you optimize the subwoofer for a variety of main/satellite speaker choices.
- LFE and line-level inputs
- A choice of LFE and line-level inputs lets you either use or bypass the subwoofer’s internal crossover circuits for bass-boosting versatility. This option provides greater flexibility in how you use the Studio 550P while ensuring noise-free connections to virtually any type of audio/video amplifier.
- Metal floor spikes included
- Unwanted interaction between the subwoofer and the floor can cause distortion – but the Studio 550P includes an array of metal spikes to reduce distortion. The use of such spikes also creates clean sound by placing a cushion of air between the speaker and anything that could potentially disturb its pristine low-frequency waves.
Legendary JBL Sound
You don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Magnetically shielded for placement wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Sleek, Stylish Design
High-gloss finish that compliments any room in your home.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Enclosure Type
- Sealed (forward-firing)
- Frequency Response
- Amplifier Power (Peak)
- Power Consumption (Standby)
- less than 6W (120V), less than 0.55W (230V)
- Power Consumption (Full Power/Idle)
- 360W - 3.8A (120V), 395W - 2.1A (230V)
- Amplifier Power (RMS)
- Power Requirement
- 120V, 60Hz (US); 220V-230V, 50Hz/60Hz (EU)
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 500 (300 RMS)
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- 10" (250mm) PolyPlas cone, cast basket
- Height (mm)
- Height (in)
- Weight (kg)
- Weight (lb)
- Width (mm)
- Depth (mm)
- Depth (in)
- Width (in)
Control and Connection Specifications:
- Crossover frequency, Volume level, Phase
Looking at the JBL 5.1 wireless system, comes with a 10" Sub. That Sub is Maybe 100W RMS? How does this Sub compares to that one? I assume it is way more power. Is is there a wireless adapter for the 550P so I can use that sub instead?
I have a batt/ac powered pa speaker 500 RMS w/ RCA,speakon outs & crossover. Can l connect the JBL to the pa for more thump? The pa is 15" woofer w/ 40 oz magnetic. Thx in Advance
The receiver Pioneer VSX-1131 accept this sub. Thanks (From Brazil!)
If I buy a BT audio adapter for this, any problem connecting to my TV? I currently am using a (wired) soundbar and a BT powered sub. The BT powered sub that came with soundbar is lousy.
I have a stereo receiver that only has a pair of high level speaker outputs (Speaker A and Speaker B). No pre-outs. How to I hook up this sub? through the High level input? The only inputs i see listed are LFE and line in.
With the built in amp, can the output power satellite speakers without a receiver? Thanks in advance from a complete audio noob.
Omh and watts
Does this subwoofer has wireless capabilities? Or do I need to directly connected this to a reciever??
Search Result For ""